Business Planning – Growth/sustainability – prepare for the now and tomorrow
Whether a company or a charity it is vital to ensure a clear and realistic strategy is in place and has the backing of all the staff, stakeholders and investors.
A strategic plan is not something that should be written and then filed away. It should be designed so it becomes the embodiment of the organisation; organic in nature, that within parameters is flexible and can adapt to a changing internal and external environment. A living document that works in real time. A strategy should not just be about the future, it should also be about the right now.
We recognise that whatever is decided in the board room and written up and implemented is often not reflected in the corridors, restaurant and departments of the organisation on a daily basis. What tends to happen is this well intended document collects dust on a shelf until the next one is written.
Abbey Solutions will work with your team to develop a strategy that thinks in the now, builds on your success and prepares you for potential opportunities and risks. We recommend that any strategy is stress tested across the organisation, involving stakeholders and investors, with the ability to change as people change. Prepare for the future but remember the now.
Some key points when developing a strategic plan
- Plan for now and tomorrow
- Keep it flexible
- Helps to establish realistic goals and objectives consistent with the organisation’s mission
- Communicates those goals and objectives to the organisation’s constituents
- Ensures the most effective use is made of the organisation’s resources
- Focus on the key priorities. Understand what works and what doesn’t
- Provides a base from which progress can be measured and establishes a mechanism for informed change when needed.
- Provides clearer focus of the organisation, producing more efficiency and effectiveness
- A living plan that can change direction to seize on opportunities and protect from risks
- Helps to solves underlying problems
Consultants to the Charity, Third Sector and Private Sector
For more information about our services please email Joanna Marshall email@example.com