Prepare for tomorrow but don’t forget the now – We develop organisational plans
A strategic plan is not something that should be written and then filed away. We believe it should be designed so it becomes the embodiment of the organisation; organic in nature, that within parameters is flexible and can adapt to a changing internal and external environment. A living document that works in real time. A strategy should not just be about the future, it should also be about the now. The pandemic we are all living through highlights why any strategy that you develop has to be creative, flexible and adaptable, and be able to react to unforeseen circumstances.
Abbey Solutions will work with your team to develop a strategy that thinks in the now, builds on your success and prepares you for potential opportunities and risks. We recommend that any strategy is stress tested across the organisation, involving stakeholders and investors, with the ability to change as people change. Preparing for the future but living in the now is how we would help you approach this important work.
Some key points when developing a strategic plan
- Plan for now and tomorrow
- Keep it flexible
- It should help to establish realistic goals and objectives consistent with the organisation’s mission
- Communicates those goals and objectives to the organisation’s constituents
- Ensures the most effective use is made of the organisation’s resources
- Focus on the key priorities. Understand what works and what doesn’t
- Provides a base from which progress can be measured and establishes a mechanism for informed change when needed.
- Provides clearer focus of the organisation, producing more efficiency and effectiveness
- A living plan that can change direction to seize on opportunities and protect from risks
- Helps to solves underlying problems
Please do email us if you would like to find out more about how we work and how we can support you develop a robust business plan. Joanna Marshall firstname.lastname@example.org