Each consultant has specific skills and experience which compliments the skill set of others in the company, ensuring we are able to provide client’s with a comprehensive service. All our consultants have gone through a vigorous selection process and all have a proven track record.
John Abbey MA
John has been working in both the charity and private sector since 1990, specialising in fundraising, communications and business development. John has held a number of senior positions to CEO level within national organisations. John carries out both interim management assignments and consultancy.
- Long career in fundraising spanning 30 years
- Director level and CEO positions held
- Windsor leadership graduate
- Established Abbey Solutions International Ltd in 1999
- Significant experience in fundraising from foundations/trusts, companies, HNWI, events
- Experience of fundraising for business start-ups
- Experience of fundraising in the USA, Middle East and Asia
- Experience of managing staff teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of establishing a US based charity and Board member of RAFT USA
- Experience of working with social enterprises
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly developed influential networks
Based in London
More than 15 years of experience within international development, human rights and humanitarian sectors in leading and managing international projects in partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders.
Specialising in: Needs identification and analysis; partnership and due diligence; project definition; financing; implementation; monitoring; reporting; evaluation; advocacy work.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of initiative
- Critical thinker
- High level fundraiser
- Excellent written verbal skills
- Passionate about achieving socio-economic change based on values of justice, equity and solidarity
Bilingual French/English, fluent in Portuguese and working knowledge of Spanish and Greek
International Professional Experience
Europe, Latin America, Africa, and South Asia. Mostly post-conflict areas.
Bangladesh for the IRC to carry out grant management for the Rohingya refugees crisis.
In-depth research and analysis of the impact of Climate Change on peasant farmers in 4 countries in Southern Africa to inform La Via Campesina’s advocacy strategy.
Researched impact of food policy and trade reforms on farmers in Mozambique.
- Responsible for the oversight and overall management of IRC’s humanitarian framework team
to increase the value and quality engagement of key European donors in forgotten and protracted
crisis in the Syria Region, West Africa and the Horn (portfolio value of USD$10.9m).
- Awarded USD$8.8m by SIDA (SwedishAid)
- Secured SIDA’s ongoing support for IRC’s Strategic Initiative promoting innovative thinking in
humanitarian project design and delivery
Based in Glasgow
Penny has extensive experience within the third sector at a senior level, having been Director of Communications & Fundraising for United Response, one of the country’s largest non-profits. Head of Public Relations at Stonham Housing Association and Senior Press Officer at the London Borough of Greenwich. Penny was also Head of Publications at NCVO and Head of Partnerships at NCVO.
- Communications and PR (Experience in government, charities and public organisations)
- Exceptional bid writer
- Strategic thinker
- Fundraising and Management
- Local government tenders
- Business Planning for charities and social enterprises
- Prince 2 accredited project manager
Martyn Weeds BA, MA, MInstF(Dip)
Martyn is a Member of the Institute of Fundraising and has held senior positions in a number of social welfare and animal welfare charities. He has sat on the Board/Management Committee of several organisations, most recently serving as a Trustee of a small charity supporting education and well-being projects in India, Nepal and Malawi.
Martyn’s main area of expertise is EU social policy, funding and project management. He has secured large grants from a range of EU funding programmes, including Daphne III, Youth in Action and Lifelong Learning, and has managed large multi-country networks and partnerships to ensure all deliverables are achieved and all funding and reporting criteria are met. Martyn has also worked with the UK National Agency to evaluate applications to the new Erasmus+ Programme.
- EU fundraising
- EU funding evaluation
- Strategy planning
- Lottery funding
- Project management
- Quality assurance and evaluation
- Accomplished EU funding speaker at major conferences
Debbie Lyne, MinstF
Debbie has held senior positions in large national charities such as Perennial www.perennial.org.uk where she was Director of Marketing and Fundraising; Paul’s Cancer Support Centre; The Connection at St Martin-in-the-Fields; the Rain Forest Foundation; GUTS Fighting Bowel Cancer – Royal Surrey County Hospital; Carr-Gomm Society and many more. Debbie is an excellent bid writer and now specialises in Trusts and major bid preparation.
- Strategy planning
- Project management