Africa is a rapidly changing continent with significant business investment coming from emerging economies. China in particular has been investing heavily over the past 10 years and will continue to do so. The figures are a little skewed as the heaviest investment is in the Oil and Gas sector, so it’s by no means an even spread across the continent. Although trade is clearly the future for sustainable economic growth and should in the long term help to support social cohesion and bring more people out of poverty, well targeted projects and social investment is required more than ever to support marginalised groups and vulnerable people.
We are always interested in supporting NGOs that have a strong track record in delivering projects that make a difference at a grassroots level and can have significant national impact. Child labour, Women’s issues, trafficking, health and education are our priorities. We are also keen to support and work with organisations involved in conflict resolution; without peace there can be no prosperity. If your NGO works in these areas we would be very pleased to hear from you.
Africa fundraising – Country focus
South Sudan; Kenya; Uganda;; South Africa; Rwanda; Botswana; Mozambique; DR Congo; Ethiopia; Somalia
What we do:
- Develop fundraising strategies/road maps
- Provide gap-analysis to assess what steps you need to take to be in full compliance with funding requirements particularly important for government funding
- Provide a direct fundraising service including research, bid preparation support and presentations
- Support you with EU funding applications
- Support you with in-country government funding
- Support with preparing donor reports
- Support with accessing funds from embassies and overseas agencies based in-country
- Support with accessing funding from HNWI
- Training staff in fundraising, project reporting, gift acceptance, communications and marketing. This includes bid writing skills for Foundations; making approaches to wealthy individuals and corporate fundraising.
How we work
It is important for us to fully understand your organisation before we commence any assignment. The following information will be required before we formally meet.
- a copy of the NGO statutes/By Laws
- a copy of the instrument of legal recognition
- a recent two-year report of activities
- a brief report of the projects your NGO would like to implement
- previous fundraising activity
- your business plan or strategic plan
If you are a new organisation with an innovative approach but lack some of the above information we would like to hear from you.
Please enquire regarding fundraising fees. Please note we do not carry out assignments on a commission basis.
Please emaiI: firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.