Africa is a rapidly changing continent with significant business investment coming from Asia. China in particular has been investing heavily over the past 15 years and will continue to do so. Chinese investments and contracts in sub-Saharan Africa total $299 billion from 2005 to 2018 according to Chinese Investment Global Tracker. That compares to a total of $500 billion of Aid since the 1960s from other nations. So we can see where the trend is going.
Although one would expect nations such as Nigeria and Egypt to be in the top performing countries, many of the poorest nations, such as Rwanda and Ethiopia have seen significant GDP growth in recent years, although starting from an extremely low base. Internal conflicts may also hinder future growth.
Trade and Technology is increasing but the role of NGOs is crucial
Increased trade and GDP growth is always welcome, however, there is a clear role for NGOs to help encourage civil society and improve the rights and equity within a nation. Too many people can get left behind in the race to achieve greater economic prosperity, and for many the drip-down in wealth just doesn’t happen.
Abbey Solutions is committed to supporting well targeted projects and campaigns that have a tangible positive impact on people’s lives in the poorest communities. We do this by supporting NGOs develop sound relationships with Governments, Companies and Major Donors, and provide project support and analysis where we feel our experience can add value to the work NGOs are doing.
NGOs and social enterprises – How we can help with your fundraising
We are passionate about supporting well run, transparent NGOs with their head office in the UK as well as in-country local NGOs. We want to support organisations that can bring about real change at a local level while having the capability to influence the national agenda. We support NGOs and social enterprises that help lift people out of poverty through vocational training, education, wellbeing and health initiatives.
What we do – We work with UK registered charities and local country NGOs in Africa
- Develop fundraising plans
- Design and write Government and UN agency bids
- Research and prepare bids to Foundations based in the UK and internationally
- Liaise with Government on your behalf
- Support with EU funding applications
- Support with in-country Government funding
- Develop Trust/Foundation pipelines
- Support with preparing donor reports
- Support with matching individual donors to your work
- Training staff in fundraising, project reporting, gift acceptance, communications and marketing
- Support in project evaluation
How we work
It is important for us to fully understand your organisation before we commence any assignment. The following information will be required.
- a copy of the NGO statutes/By Laws (If outside the UK)
- a copy of the instrument of legal recognition (If outside the UK)
- a recent two-year report of activities
- a brief report of the projects your NGO would like to implement or is running
- previous fundraising activity
- your business plan or strategic plan
If you are a new organisation with an innovative approach but lack some of the above information we would still like to hear from you.
Please email us regarding fundraising fees.
Please contact us here.