Philanthropy is rapidly growing across Asia, which shouldn’t be a surprise as there are approximately 800 billionaires in Asia and according to a CNBC report (2019) there will soon be 1,000 Asian billionaires. Asia already accounts for a third of all billionaires worldwide. However, Covid-19 is having a massive negative impact on casual workers in Asia. According to the UN July 2020, 218 million people are being severely affected, with families already poor and on the margins suffering from malnourishment and homelessness. Clearly the role of NGOs has never been more important.
Abbey Solutions has strong corporate and donor networks in Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia. Our SE Asia office is in Thailand which enables us to develop influential networks across the region. As well as supporting NGOs in Asia we work with foundations and HNWIs to identify NGOs and projects that fit their criteria. This gives us a real understanding of what donors want.
Economic prosperity – Drip down takes time – NGOs help create momentum
We have experience of working with NGOs that help people climb out of poverty, so they can build a better life for themselves, their families and communities. We understand that education in its widest form is critical to help stem the tide of poverty, and to mitigate the risk of young girls being married at an early age. Health education for the whole family is equally important as is providing essential amenities like clean running water. Abbey Solutions is working in South India with a local NGO providing clean water to villages.
The areas we tend to raise funds for is health/welfare, education projects and income generating projects.
Child labour is a big issue in Asia and we do support NGOs that provide innovative solutions to keeping children in school and families together. Girls are particularly vulnerable if they do not attend school. We are determined to play our part by supporting NGOs that run impactful projects that help to achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Asia fundraising – Where we are working in 2020
S E Asia – Vietnam, India, Malaysia, Thailand, Sri Lanka
Central Asia – Afghanistan
If your NGO is working in Asia and requires fundraising support, please contact us
If you are a new NGO but have an innovative fresh approach to tackling exploitation of children and women, education and health, please email us. For established NGOs not registered in the UK we will require the following information:
- a copy of the NGO statutes/By Laws
- a copy of the instrument of legal recognition
- a recent two-year report of activities
- a brief report of the projects your NGO would like to implement
- previous fundraising activity
- your business plan or strategic plan
What we do:
- Develop fundraising strategies that are relevant to your local area, country and region
- Provide a direct fundraising service including research, bid writing support and presentations
- Support you with in-country government funding
- Support with accessing funds from embassies and overseas agencies based in-country
- Training staff in fundraising, communications and marketing. This includes bid writing skills for foundations; making approaches to wealthy individuals and corporate fundraising
Useful information on philanthropy in Asia Give2Asia